To Hire a Wedding Planner or Not?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 | |


So when I first began this planning process I thought I could handle it all on my own. It seems easy enough right? Find venue, choose date, etc, etc. But then all of a sudden you realize all the details that are involved. There's the colors, the cake, the dress, the decorations, the flowers, accommodations, transportation...well you get my drift. There's simply an incredible amount of decisions you have to make, things you have to take care of and suddenly your head is spinning. Enter a wedding planner.

I'd never thought of myself as the type of bride that would ever hire one but damnit after several months of doing this wedding crap I started to consider the possibility. After all, even the most DIY, hippie-ish weddings I'd seen on wedding blogs all suggested that hiring someone is a smart move. So why not me, I thought?

Every situation is different. Some couples may have tons of friends and family willing to help with wedding stuff. But honestly, I'm sure even the most well-intentioned friends and family will get sick of talking about and doing things for your wedding. That's the beauty of a wedding planner/coordinator, they're paid to do it so you can blab to them about your wedding in painstaking detail and boss them around to your heart's content.

We're still not 100% decided, though I'm still dreaming of one. Either way, if you're thinking of hiring someone and you can afford it, I say go for it! They're truly there to help you and make sure the day goes by great. In my opinion, paying for that peace of mind is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...