Flower men vs. Flower girls

Thursday, July 7, 2011 | |

A flower man? Sure! Why not?? If you're scratching your head as to what the hell I'm talking about, read on to find out!

So far in the wedding planning process I've developed some fairly strong opinions about the wedding "traditions" you should follow. i.e. don't follow them. haha! But seriously, though I'm a big believer in many wedding practices, once I started reading/hearing about all the things you should and should not do at a wedding I found myself confused. What if some of these traditions simply don't apply to you? What if I don't know a 5-year-old girl that can serve as our flower girl? Or a cute little kid who can be the ring bearer? When I came across this article in the NY Times it was like a validation that no, I am not crazy. These aren't things you HAVE to do. Just things that some people do. 

Nowadays, more and more people are embracing their individuality and doing their weddings their way, which is a tradition I can definitely get behind. The article talks about the growing number of flower men or flower fellas, lovingly tossing the petals down the aisle. This is a sight that I'd definitely love to see. I mean who would forget a wedding where a grown man was walking down the aisle with a basket full of flower petals? (umm I think no one!) All in all though, I love reading about things like this because it confirms my belief that every wedding should be unique and tailored to the couple, not a cookie-cutter version of what "weddings should be."

*Now accepting flower man applications, for information please inquire within ;)


Image via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...