you think you know, but you have no idea

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 | |
When my fiancé and I began the wedding planning process, we were both feeling pretty confident. I mean, I'd been to a few weddings before (in one as a bridesmaid) and he runs his own business, easy peasy right? Wrong! Basically, everything you think you know gets tossed out the window.

There are so many rules, regulations, restrictions, etc., that you hear about that at first it's hard to wrap your head around it all. That said, after a few wedding-related trial runs you do learn which questions to ask, who you should talk to and this, that and the other. But until you do, it feels like this big, complicated process, instead of the fun, happy time you were naively envisioning. 

Or maybe that was just me. I can say that as a newly-minted bride-to-be, I quickly felt overwhelmed by the insane amount of information out there. So on the advice of a very good friend, I stepped back from the craziness, took a couple deep breaths and reminded myself why I was doing this in the first place: to be married to an amazing guy that's why! (cue sappy music and awww's here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...